The PET Resin Association – PETRA – is the industry association representing North American producers of PET (polyethylene terephalate).
PET is the polyester polymer that is extruded or molded into plastic bottles, jars, containers and films for packaging foods and beverages, personal care products, and many other consumer products. It is a highly valued packaging material because it is strong, lightweight, inert, hygienic and shatterproof.
PETRA is dedicated to:
- promoting the benefits and value of PET resin products,
- educating the public about safety and uses of PET,
- providing accurate technical and scientific information about PET,
- encouraging the recycling and sustainable use of PET,
- serving as industry’s authoritative voice on issues impacting the manufacture and use of PET resin.
PETRA actively represents the industry through its participation in a variety of public- and private-sector forums and cooperative efforts regarding the use of PET, recycled PET, and PET resin products.
The member companies of PETRA, which account for virtually all PET resin manufactured in North America, are: